We cordially invite you to participate in WebMedia 2012, the 18th Brazilian Symposium on Multimedia and the Web, which will be held in October 15-18, 2012, in the city of São Paulo/SP, Brazil.
Supported by the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC), WebMedia has been, since 1995, the most important Brazilian forum for presentations, tutorials and discussions concerning recent advances in research and technology related to Multimedia, Hypermedia and the Web, bringing together professionals from both the academia and industry.
In 2012, WebMedia will be co-located with two other major events SBBD (Brazilian Symposium on Databases) and SBSC (Brazilian Symposium on Collaborative Systems), promoting a unique environment for discussion and cooperation among those communities.
This year, the event will again hold the following categories:
- Full papers and Short papers
- Workshop on Ongoing Thesis and Dissertations (WTD)
- Workshop on Tools and Applications (WFA)
- Workshop on Undergraduate Research Work (WTIC)
- Short Courses
The event's current organization is under the responsibility of the Universidade de São Paulo.
This edition of Webmedia is organized into three tracks:
- Web and Social Networks (co-chair: Andre Santanchè - Unicamp)
- Multimedia (co-chair: Ethan V. Munson - University of Wisconsin / Milwaukee)
- Digital TV, Ubiquitous and Mobile Computing (co-chair: Maria da Graça C. Pimentel - USP)
For the first time, the evaluation of full papers will have a rebuttal phase. Also for the first time, the Volume 1 of the Proceedings, containing the full and short papers, will be published in the ACM DL during the event.